Thu, 25 September 2008
This is a collection of the worst music I could find over the course of a week. Most of the 'bad music' compilations I found contained large quantities of novelty records and other deliberately bad or wacky music, which in my opinion isn't really fair. I set myself a rule with these that only genuinely non-ironically bad music was allowed - the performers must have at least tried, in fact often they are trying a little too hard. The only other rule I decided upon was that only universally bad music was allowed. My personal choices of Westlife, Celine Dion, James Blunt and Michael Learns To Rock were a temptation I had to resist. Here instead are 21 songs I'm sure everybody will hate. I for one hope to never hear any of them again.
1. Portsmouth Sinfonia - From The Nutcracker Suite
2. Elvis Presley - Old MacDonald
3. Vanilla - No Way No Way
4. Barney - I Love You
5. Nola Campbell - Searching For My Baby
6. The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Paralyzed
7. St Winifred's School Choir - There's No-one Quite Like Grandma
8. Pat Campbell - Mother Went A Walking
9. Devastatin Dave - Zip Zap Rap
10. Eli Kaniel - The Impossible Dream
11. P.J. Proby - Only You (And You Alone)
12. Rotterdam Termination Source - Poing!
13. Maguerita Pracatan - Hello
14. Reginald Bosanquet - Dance With Me
15. Gloria Balsam - Fluffy
16. Roy "Chubby" Brown with Smokie - Alice
17. The Blue Smarties - Take A Look
18. Gypsy Boots and The Nature Boys - These Boots Are Made For Walking
19. William Shatner - Rocket Man
20. Peter Andre & Jordan - A Whole New World
21. Keith Harris & Orville - Orville's Song
Extended show notes with descriptions of each track are to be found below.
Thu, 25 September 2008
Click to download the extended notes for this fortnight's pod.
Tue, 9 September 2008
This fortnight's podcast started off as a selection of songs about sleep and moved within a few tracks to a selection of music that I could go to sleep to, getting more soothing and less intrusive as it goes on. A good deal of the sleep-based music I ound while making this was dull and artificial-sounding, which apart from being unimaginative could also be distracting. Good sleep music should be also be generally good music. This podcast is also the longest so far, as it can take me a while to get to sleep.
1. Madder Rose - Car Song
What should be the theme of the next LNADJKMD Podcast? Click to vote.